Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saturday, June 22nd


It's really hard trying to figure out what I want to tell you about each week.
 
Just to warn you I'll probably say this every week, but this week was SO crazy busy!!!
 
We've been getting ready for the worldwide Missionary Broadcast that will be held in the Marriot Center tomorrow (Sunday June 23rd). All the missionaries from the MTC will be there and there will be a lot of other people from around Utah who will be in attendance. The whole arena holds about 22,000 and they were telling us that they expect it to be full!! Isn't that so incredible?!? Probably the coolest thing though is that the Prophet will be there along with all the members of the Quorum of the Twelve. There will also be a huge choir made up of missionaries and other members from around Utah. I will be one of the people in the choir, which isn't necessarily saying anything special because there's about 1200 missionaries in the choir and about the same number of members. It will be a really cool sight! So if you get the chance to watch it look for me and I'll be wearing a green shirt!! Haha. :) This weekend has also been a little crazy because it's the Mission Presidents weekend. So the apostles are all here for that, plus about 160 Mission Presidents, so it's a little crowded, but it's working out quite nicely.
 
So I have to tell you that one of my favorite parts of the MTC is that we have a specific gym time everyday for about an hour. We can either go the indoor gym where they have a track and a basketball court or we have the option of going to a big field. Me and Butler Shimai usually prefer going to the outside field. It's so nice here - sunny everyday, with a light breeze. And after being in class learning Japanese for 8-10 hours a day, being outside feels really good. Some times we just run around the field, but lately we try to get a group together to play games like sand volleyball, or kick ball, or track ball. But if you know how uncoordinated I am, this is sometimes a little challenging for me. Embarrassing story of the week right here: We decided to play kick ball and I was trying to throw the ball back to the pitcher and I definitely hit him on the head. And then later as I was running to first base, I was running towards the girl who was guarding the base and I realized that I was running right after, but I couldn't stop myself in time and I definitely tackled her to the ground trying to get to first base. I think I should maybe stay away from contact sports because I just can't help it.... Haha. :)
 
Japanese is coming along slowly but surely. I wish it was coming a little bit faster, but I'm starting to realize that if I work hard and rely on the Lord then I know that he will help me to learn the language. It can be so frustrating at times, because I want to share my feelings about how I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and that I know he knows my pains and he knows what I'm going through. But it's hard to express that when you don't know the  language. One of my teachers, Workman Sensei, was talking to us about this very thing a few days ago. He told us that we have to remember that it's not neccisarliy the words that we use that is going to help people come to a knowledge of Christ in his gospel, but it's the Holy Ghost, the Spirit that they feel that will help them realize the truthfulness of our message about Jesus Christ. So as long as we are trying to communicate with people, they will be able to feel our testimony.
 
Hope you are all doing well! I miss you and love you all!! Thanks for everything!
 
Morrison Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment