Monday, August 25, 2014

Transfers and still in Hakodate

Hello everyone!

   So I am currently writing you from..... Hakodate! Yep, still in the same area and better yet, with the same companion! We are so excited for this next transfer and all the amazing people we are going to teach and baptize!! :) Well at least we're hoping! :) Keepin' our heads up!

   So the best part of the week was that we were able to meet with Mika Chan!!! We met her at a restaurant on Tuesday night. We started off just talking about her and her life and we were all just laughing the whole night! I know it sounds so weird, but I can just feel our friendship growing so quickly! I feel like we have been friends for a while, but just haven't seen each other in a long time! She is so cute! She is from Aomori - which is on the main island of Japan. She is here going to a Protestant school to become a teacher. 

   That night she brought her old High School yearbook to show us (She went to a Catholic High School) and she brought her old Bible to show us. She's read the Bible (not the whole thing) but she wants to finish reading it! We asked her if she believes in God, and she said that she thinks that he exists, but she still wasn't sure. She said that she doesn't feel that her faith is very strong, but the whole time I was listening to her, all I could think was 'you have so much faith! What are you talking about?' :) She has so much desire to learn more. She is also reading the Book of Mormon and I believe that she has read at least 50 pages so far! And we had planned on inviting her to church, but before we could even bring it up she said that she wanted to come to church last Sunday, but she got sick and couldn't come. The whole time me and Holt Shimai were listening to this we just couldn't help laughing and smiling. She is different from any other person I have ever met in Japan! And we are so 
excited about it!! :) I'll be sure to keep you updated on her progress! Please pray for her that she will be able to feel the spirit and be able to understand the Book of Mormon! :)

   Me and Holt Shimai both decided that she is the reason why we are still here in Hakodate! We leave our home and sacrifice our time to come out into the world and help people. I'm here for the people I meet every day here in Japan. I know that they are no different from the rest of us. We are all Heavenly Father's children and he wants ALL of us to return to Him. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to share that message with all my brothers and sisters here in Japan!

   Love you all! Have  a wonderful week!

   Morrison Shimai
Hakodate District pre Transfer




P-Day at the Dairy Farm



Yummy Milkshakes



At the Airport playing a joke on Mom - "Coming Home"


No comments:

Post a Comment