Saturday, July 13, 2013

It Was An Uneventful Week if I look Forward to Cleaning!

Saturday, July 13
I have such a hard time remembering what has happened during the week! I swear my memory is so bad! I have found that if I don't write things down, I will definitely forget them.
I feel like this week hasn't been super eventful, except for maybe today. In the residence building there's 3 rooms with girls who are all leaving for Japan on Monday, so they've taken over the entire hallway trying to pack all their stuff. They live right down the hall from me so it's been a little difficult trying to get around them. :) It's so weird to think that in 3 weeks I'll be doing the exact same thing. I'll be laying out my stuff in the hallway packing up all of the supplies I need to live in Japan for the next 16 months. Crazy right? Time here has just flown by so fast.
Every week we have time to do some service here at the MTC. I've heard of some people who wash windows, some people do grounds-keeping type stuff, but mostly we do cleaning. So every Thursday morning all the girls in my district clean the bathrooms in our building. At first I was a little unsure about this task and I wasn't really looking forward to it, but now it's become one of my favorite things to do during the week. Plus it's actually really fun! When we clean out the showers we get to use this giant hose and it makes me feel like I'm putting out a fire, it's pretty intense. 

There's two MTC employees that usually help us out and they are so nice! It's Lisa and Jenna. Lisa is Michaela's friend from back home and she was in my chemistry class at BYU. Michaela was one of my roommates last year at BYU. Anyway usually before we start our service project of clean the bathrooms, they give us some sort of spiritual/uplifting thought. So it might have been last week (again my memory is not very good), but Jenna told us this story from her mission (she served in Nebraska) about how her and her companion were praying that they would be about to find someone who was ready to hear the message of the gospel. She had a prompting that they needed to go to a certain neighborhood in the town where she was, but because of some things they couldn't get there till a few days later. Once they were in the area they went around the each house, but no one wanted to talk to them. As they were heading back to their car, they hear a lady yelling and running after them. She didn't live in the neighborhood, but was picking her sons up from a friend's house and she was interested in hearing about our church and what we believe. Jenna testified that the Lord truly does know all of his children. He knew that the woman would be in that neighborhood that day. 

I know that's true. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that he knows each of us by name. He knows what makes us happy, he knows what our trials are, and he knows our unique talents and abilities. If we pray and truly desire to feel of his love for us then he will show us.

Hope everything is going well!
Ai Shiteimasu!
I love you all so very much!
Morrison Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment