Sunday, January 12, 2014

I'm officially Japanese (I wore my first Kimono)


   We had a long fun week this week!!!    Basically we were traveling for most of the week.
   We went to Hakodate for Zone Training meeting this week. The Zone Leaders gave a really great workshop about setting goals and making plans. It was so fun because after we got to go on Splits with the sisters in Hakodate. It was really fun!
   Yesterday we got to go to a Sejin shiki. (mom you should look it up becasue I really don't have time to explain) Sorry :) I got to wear a Kimono for the first time. And it took approximately 40 minutes to put on. It's super intense! It was so tight and I felt like I couldn't breathe, but it was it worth it and super fun! Sorry for the short email but now I have to go to a music practice for the Mission program coming up in March
Love you all! 
Morrison Shimai


Sejin shiki (Jazmyne didn't have time to explain so she asked me to look it up):  

Coming of Age Day is a japanese holiday held annually on the second Monday of January.  It is held in order to congratulate and encourage all those who have reached the age of majority (20 years old) over the past year, and to help them realize that they have become adults.  It has been celebrated in Japan since at least 714 AD, when a young prince donned new robes and a hairstyle to mark his passage into adulthood.  In current practice, some of those attending the coming of age ceremony are actually only 19 years old; attendees are those whose 20th birthday falls between April 2 of the previous year and April 1of the current year.  (I guess this includes Jazmyne as she will turn 20 on March 4th.)

 First sunrise of 2014.
 New Year's Day
 So much snow! - Taller than Jazmyne
 Ready for the Seijin Shiki (Coming of Age Celebration)
Back of the Kimono

 Middle Front
 All dressed up!
I can't breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment