Sunday, March 2, 2014

Miracles and Perspectives


Hello everyone!!

This week was really great!! To start off, we made another baptismal date!!!!! For April 27th!!! Ahh so exciting!! 2 baptismal dates in 2 weeks!!! I couldn't ask for anything better!

So this baptismal date we just made is with a lady named Kasai San. She's in her early 30's and she lives in a little apartment with her dog named Kotarou.  He is so cute, he is a tiny little black pug! Every time we've gone over he always jumps on us and licks us! So cute!

Anyway, we met her for the 2nd time this week and we taught her about Jesus Christ and about who he is and why he is important. We talked about how he is our perfect example and how we should always strive to follow him. So then we started explaining how Jesus Christ was baptized and how it's important for us to be baptized and the we extended the baptismal invite and she said YES!!!! Then at the end of the lesson we asked her if she had any questions and she was like "yea, I know that in some churches they have prayer, but do you guys do that in your church?" Me and Kuroki Shimai just looked at each other with a face like "Wait she knows what prayer is??" Best moment ever! So of course we said yes and taught her how to pray. It was a really great lesson and I'm excited to continue to teach her!!! It's so amazing how prepared she is and we were so lucky to find her!

Sorry I don't have much time again today. An hour is really not enough time!! But as I'm coming up on my half way point I have really been reflecting on how I've changed in the past 9 months - and I really have changed and learned so much! And really it's all good changes, things that I want to continue to do even after my mission.  One thing I know for sure is that these last 9 months have been the hardest months of my whole life. It's been really fun and at times rewarding. There was a quote I heard and it goes something like this "Lots of people say their mission was the best 2 years of their life, but I disagree. My mission wasn't the best 2 years of my life, but it was the best 2 years FOR my life"   And I think this is the closest/ most true statement I can give at this point. It's already been the hardest, but also the greatest learning experience so far in my life. So I guess that's kind of my thoughts at this point. :)

Hope you all have a good week!!! Much love!!!
Morrison Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment