Monday, April 21, 2014

New Area and New Opportunities

Hello Everyone!
Happy Easter!!
   So I transferred this week! I left my beloved city of Muroran and have moved to Sapporo! Into the big city!  I'm not right in the middle of the city, but more on the outskirts in an area called Shinoro. My new companion is Veilstich Shimai! She is so great! We actually went to the MTC on the same day, but she is half Japanese so since she already knew some Japanese she was only in the MTC for 2 weeks. 
  The other surprise is that we are the first Shimai in the area!! Yep that's right we are opening the area!!  We got a brand new apartment. It is so nice and I promise I will send pictures next week, but they literally left us with nothing!  We didn't even have a fridge for the first day!!   So we had no food, some kitchen supplies, a kitchen table, and some futons to sleep on. Yea basically it was SOOO crazy!!   The worst part is that they didn't leave us with any mission supplies!! No pamphlets, no flyers and no BOMs!!! So we were just like ok so what are we suppose to do?!?!?!? Haha it was a pretty funny day!!  So we frantically called the elders and they gave us a couple BOMs and some flyers! And so we were just like "we don't need food!   As long as we've got our testimonies and a BOM we are good to go!" And basically that's what we did!!! So funny!  Anyway we have had some fun already, and we have seen a lot of miracles!
  We are in such a cute, quiet little area! And I already love it! It's been a little tough since neither of us know the area - so we really have no idea where we are going... ever. But it's kinda fun figuring out the area and where everything is! My accomplishment for the week:  I memorized our address (so in case we ever get lost we can ask someone :)). 
   Ok but the Elders that were already in this area are so great!!! This area is seriously SO prepared for us to come. The Elders were teaching this family (a mom, and 3 daughters) and they are so awesome!! They read the Book of Mormon every day and they came to church yesterday!! Plus they have a baptismal date for June 1st!!!! It's so exciting!! Our first investigators in our brand new area!!! I will continue to keep you updated on them. 
   I'm so excited for this transfer! I know there will be some long days, where we will be housing for 8 hours, but it will all be worth it!! I know that there are more people that are prepared for us and ready to meet us! And we are ready to find them!!
Love you all!
Have a great week!!
Morrison Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment