Sunday, May 18, 2014

Decorating Cookies


Hello everyone!

   This week was a super crazy week! I feel like I haven't said anything about the weather in a little while so I guess it's time for an update. So remember how we thought it was finally spring? Well, we were wrong. From Friday to Sunday it rained constantly! Didn't stop once. And the wind was blowing so hard. It was a 3 day Typhoon! They said it was 7 degrees C, but with the wind it felt like 5 degrees C. But this morning it was clear skys and it's looking a little more like Spring! Yeah!

   So update on the Endo family: They are SOOO wonderful!! I love them so much!!! We met them on Wednesday and taught the Plan of Salvation. And then at the end of the lesson Hibiki chan (age 10) gave the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard. So it's been hard trying to get the kids to pray with us so we decided to tell them that they could try writing out their prayers so that they would know what to say. So during the whole lesson she was writting something, but we weren't sure what it was. And then at the end of the lesson we told her it was her turn to give the closing prayer. And we realized that the paper she had been working on during the lesson was her prayer! It was so awesome! It was really one of the sweetest most heartfelt prayers I have ever heard. In the prayer she asked God to help her family so that they would all be able to go to the Celstial Kingdom. It was SOOO cute! I almost started crying, it was so sweet!

   Then on Saturday I got to have some fun with Rion (age 9) at the Primary Activity. We planted tomatoes and Lettuce, in little pots. And then we decorated cookies. Of which I couldn't eat any sadly, but they looked really good and it was fun to decorate them. Then Saturday night us, the Endo family and the Elders went to a memebers' house for dinner. We had a really fun time and we were able to share a message about how we have a living prophet today. And then we told them about how Elder Christofferson is coming to Hokkaido next week. They seemed excited, but the mom will probably have to work overtime since it's on a Wednesday night. But we are stil hoping that the girls will be able to come with us to Sapporo to meet him! 

   The Endo famliy is so wonderful and I love them so much. Sorry I say that so much, but I just feel so lucky and I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to help them, and watch their faith grow everyday. I love this gospel and it is so wonderful being able to see the change that happens when we meet people like that Endo famliy. They have so much faith and love and they will be so blessed as they continue to learn! I love this gospel and the knowledge that it has given me. I know that everything in life happens in order to help us grow. The teachings of Jesus Christ are truly the only way to reach our full potential and feel the most happy. I know this is what it has done for me and I know this is what it can do for anyone who is willing learn and change. 

Hope you all have a great week and I love you all!
Morrison Shimai

Primary Activity - Decorating cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment