Monday, June 9, 2014

Good-bye Shinoro, Hello Hakodate

Hey there everyone!

   So this week was crazy because it was transfer week! Although I thought I would be staying in Shinoro since I just got there, I have transferred to an area called Hakodate!  I have actually always wanted to come to this area so I'm so excited to be here!!   My new companion is Yabutani Shimai. And this is her last transfer so she will be heading home in July.  Before this transfer there were only 2 sisters in the area and now there are 4. Neither me or Yabutani Shimai have been in this area before so we are whitewashing the area together!   I know it's going to be hard at first, but I'm so excited!  There is just something so fun about not knowing anyone and not knowing where you are going. :)   But we've only gotten lost once so far! It was so sad saying goodbye to everyone in Shinoro and especially saying goodbye to our recent converts, the Endo family!  But I know that it's not the end and I will be able to see them again!

   So we got to Hakodate on Friday afternoon and we have just been doing so great! The ward is so wonderful and members had us over for dinner on Sunday night. There are a total of 8 missionaries in this area, and the members are so wonderful since they are willing to feed all 8 of us! :)  This is a pretty big area and we are right at the southern tip of the island, so when you go to the beach you can see the main island of Japan! 

   I'm so excited for all the miracles that we are going to see this transfer! I know the Lord has a plan for his work and I'm so grateful that I can help in it. I know there are still lots of people waiting to be found and wanting to hear the gospel, they may not know it yet, but they want to know! :)

   Thanks for all of you love and prayers! Hope you all have a good week!! 

Much love!
Morrison Shimai

Jazmyne with the Endo Family



Meeting up with MTC Shimai at the Sisters Training Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment